Thursday, January 6, 2011

I Left My Heart in Texas

We made it back to Ohio safe and sound and extremely cold.  Though, for the car ride home, I had to take Sam's pants off so he wouldn't sweat to death.  He was an angel on the plane, which was a relief.  Apparently he likes plane rides.  It seemed like he even recognized my family, but was a little overwhelmed by everyone at once and just wanted to hang out with Dad.  He cried a lot and was looking around, but eventually calmed down and was happy when I let him hear Jarod's voice on the phone.  Hopefully that keeps him happy until we see Jarod again.

We're staying at my parents for a few days so they can hog him for awhile.  Please keep me sane.

Texas was the best time of my life.  We made so many new fantastic friends!  We traveled to several different cities and saw the sites.  I got a glimpse into my future of permanent living with Jarod (amazingly coexisting great!).  And I got to have my perfect family.  It kinda makes me tear up.  This Mommy-ness has made me soft!

I'm truly blessed to have found someone who cares about my dreams as much as his own.  Jarod's true and pure support of me finishing school is more than I can ask for.  The sacrifice he's making is greater than mine in this situation. Asking him for this one dream was hard for me, but receiving it shows me how much he really does care about me and our family.  Hopefully I can do the same for him some day.

Enough mushy stuff, let's talk about the Highlights of Texas!

San Antonio-  Talk about lifelong dream!  Regardless of the fact that you can't take pictures in the actual building, you can't really laugh, and apparently you can't have drinks in the place, and they hide their research but the story teller was fantastic.  Obvi I love history and this took it to a new level.

Dallas- We visited with Jarod's Grandparents who got to meet Sam.  Annd I had the best steak ever!

Ruthie's Mexicana- Did I have the best Mexican food or what?  Make a trip down Grand Pky in New Territory and it's on the corner of 90 and 6 in that little strip mall.  Our server couldn't speak english very well and I got a cheesy puff pastry.  Better than Fiesta Charra, Oxbox Folks.

The Sunshine!  Ahhh I miss it now that I'm in gloomy wintery Ohio.  Keep in mind I've never lived anywhere but Oxford, Ohio.  I feel like Ohio is definitely not the place to be.

One thing I won't miss are the crazy birds at Wal Mart.  They were there all the time and scared the crap out of me.  I seriously thought they were waiting for an unattended baby and they'd swoop down and take them away.  I always would assure Sammy that I was watching out for him and wouldn't leave him out in the open for the taking.

I had the best time of my life in Texas and I hope we'll be back for my Spring Break AND next year!  Let's cross our fingers for Jarod.  Now I've got to go shower before my mother judges me.  Back to the real world!(Stink face)  I'll write again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment