Saturday, August 27, 2011

Hometown, Shometown... I live everywhere (in the Midwest) now!

After one month in Minnesota, I managed to weasel in a trip back home to Oxford!  I obvi can't stay away from the town I lived in for um... 24 years straight.  That's a long time and I'm kind of embarrassed.  Jarod is back in town for Miami's First Pro Camp (which was completely successful on so many levels, might I add)

As much as I've enjoyed big city living, where you can get to the mall in 15 minutes (unheard of) and there's a Tbell/Long John Silvers combo (Heaven?) down the street,  I much enjoy driving an hour to the city, realizing that my sister and I were going to different places (in the same car) to stop for 10 minutes to get a set of golf clubs Jarod probably won't use. Then jetting 20 minutes the other way to a Target that also doesn't carry the carseat that everyone in Southwestern Ohio wants having a small breakdown because I lost misplaced my keys in my purse and realized my credit card was left at a restaurant back home (30 minutes).  (Big Rant)

Anyway, it's been rather nice to be home.  I landscaped manicured my eyebrows, can take regular showers, and no longer have a child.  It's like being in college again, except I'm allowed to sleep in the same room as my significant other.... in my full size bed...with my 11 month old child....awkward? Yes.  Sammy has enjoyed his time, and I haven't heard him laugh this much since the last time we were in Oxford.  I feel bad taking him away from all these people he loves (my parents, his little friends, my sisters, Oxfordians that love him...etc) but he has to learn to hate his parents sometime, right? I think I'm doing a good job of that.

Sammy's been doing this thing where when he sees me, he clings like those baboon babies have to when their mother's are swinging from trees.  1. I don't swing from trees. I'm afraid of heights and fast moving vehicles 2. This is new.  He usually hates being around my boney little body.  I think he's afraid I'm going to leave him somewhere and never come back.  Sometimes I joke around and say things like that to him, but I didn't think he understood.  My dad said I should stop saying "Bye Sammy.  Mommy loves you! See you...N-E-V-E-R" when I go somewhere without him.  Suggestions?

Sammy will be one year old in about a month.  The other day, I asked how old someone's baby was.  She told me X months.  Then she went on this explanation about the age based on weeks vs actual number date on the calendar and there being a difference.  There was also the suggestion that there is a difference between how YOU count and how the doctor counts.  I was obvi half listening, but when she left, I realized... I have no idea how old Sam is according to the doctor.  I hardly remember how old he is to me.  I'm really glad it's smooth sailing as far as getting to the one year mark.  I don't think I'm going to say things like Sam is 48 months old or whatever.  That's confusing and I can't do simple math.

Speaking of the monkey's milestone, we have a lot that's coming up!  There's pictures, birthday parties, galore!  I'm little bit hating this planning.  While I LOVE the idea of having a special day for my little ball of joy, some people keep telling me, "You don't have to make a big deal.  He's not going to remember it." Yes he is.  Didn't you notice? He's a baby genius.  His first memory will probably be coming into the world via birth.  I have some Fresh Beat ideas, and I really wanna follow through.  We will be back in Ohio for a party, but not before partying it up in Minnesota!  If we're really lucky (maaaybe) I can get Jarod to let us party in Texas as well with all our friends!

We've done the first haircut, he's got a couple teeth, and he will soon to be walking! (I really hope.  Jarod might have a minor heart attack if it doesn't happen soon)  He's been saying things like "Cup" and "Cow?" (just like a  question) and has learned to point his finger at me when he's mad (at least it's not the middle one!)  I'm exhausted from all this craziness, but you know it wouldn't be a summer unless we went "Up North" which we will be doing directly after this week in Ohio for four days.  Then it's off to the State Fair!  Then we will be back in Ohio, and my head my spin off as the finale of Sammy's birthday party.  That or a special choreographed dance.  I haven't decided.  So let's show our life in pictures!

This is how the booger sleeps...

Morning before his first haircut!

 
A little nervous in the chair

"Just a little off the top"

Trying to find the buzzing sound

So handsome!

Nap time with Lion

Time out Nap

Dinner with Daddy

Meeting Kai Lan at the Mall of America 
Wanting to get into the tank at the aquarium






No comments:

Post a Comment