Thursday, August 11, 2011

Ride Along This Beautiful Journey We Call Love

It's been a long week since my Texas trip... probably because I haven't come down from my BBQ high (OMG, I LOVE!)  It was filled with my favorite F's: fun, friends (and I wish they were going to be my family!), and food!  I'm in love with Texas, and my old roomie/the bride would love to hear that.  I've never felt more welcomed by such a large group of people.  Let's face it, I'm awkward and people pick up on it quick... everyone except Texans!

So does anyone understand Mountain Time?  I felt like I was in a time warp.  My BFF Britt and I were both on Mountain Time, but the times were different.  Does that even make sense?  I guess the better question is, how many time zones are in America? And what are their names?  I obviously have no idea, and I was confused.  Here was the actual BBM convo we had:
-"What is the time difference for Mountain Time?"
-"I'm not sure."
- "What time is it in Phoenix for you?"
-"Umm 1:46"
-"It's 2:52 here...this makes zero sense... where are we in this country?"
-"I told you it's weird... hahaha"
- "Mountain Time is the Twilight zone!"

The conversation goes on to things that don't make sense or match up with this conversation (distractions) but apparently we had a misunderstand and BFF Britt didn't tell me the time at that very moment that I asked her, instead she asked an old man who might have been senile, and she might have waited awhile to tell me the actual time, but whatevs.  I never want to live in that time zone.

The one thing I cannot stand about Texas, right now, are the highway systems.  They keep building more and re-routing old ones, and it's just so darn confusing.  For awhile, the GPS said we were in a river...what?  hahaha.  There are about a half million ways to get to one place (access roads, highway, back roads, Ryan's beloved phone GPS, our GPS, Kalina's way, the back-back roads, short cuts, the river...) geez louise, I had no idea where we were ever.  Good thing my BFF Britt was driving, I would have just given up.

The day we got there, I called Elisa to let her know we were on our way to her house.

-"YO!" says a man's voice. 
       Um, I knew it was Ryan, but I was uncomfortable.  We don't know each other... 
-*long PAUSE* "Um, hiii.  This is Vi.  We're um, on our way" 
-"OK great! Do you need directions"
-"No, we have a GPS"
-"Do you know where you are?"
-"No, we have a GPS"
-"Alright, we'll see you when you get here"
-"Yeah, we'll get there at about 6" **BFF Britt's GPS is set at California time.... it was already 7 o'clock. Time Warp once more!

As much as I'd love to go into every detail, because I would... Here are the highlights of the praise I received that weekend:

"You're fun"
"I like the way they talk to each other" -I was eavesdropping
"It was really nice to meet you!" - I hardly talked to this lady
"If the DJ fails, Vi, you have to get up and beat box" -My fave, Kevin
"You're job is to be here and have fun. No worries this weekend!"- Ryan's step dad loving us!
"I really enjoyed watching you guys dance" (In a non-creepy way)

It was a beautiful day, the whole wedding was beautiful! I will say, if I'm back in Texas this year, I'm taking line dancing classes.  There are a lot of them, and I would like to know at least two.  I missed my little bug and I'm glad he survived the weekend.  He was so happy to see me! I LOVED it!

Pics of the day:
Texas Old Town, Rosebud Hall

Beautiful sunset that night that I forgot to take a pic of

Bride and her maids

Favor Magnets

Getting artsy with the jewelry

Little Ellie: We bonded over my Dora knowledge

Me and my BFF Britt

Us and Kalina

Us and Elisa

Party!

No comments:

Post a Comment