Friday, May 13, 2011

A Man's Greatest Possession is a Sympathetic Wife - Fortune Cookie

-So, what are you going to do, now that you've graduated?
-Nothing!! haha

My long awaited salon day was a much needed relaxing day that I LOVE Jarod for pushing me to have for myself.  I may have spent a lot more than I should ever spend on someone else doing my toe nails and washing my hair, but I'll tell you something, I loved every minute of it.

So, the Aeros won Game 7, meaning they're on to Round 3 of playoffs ....aka at least another two weeks before I MIGHT see Jarod again.  This was definitely a bittersweet win in my book.  While I'm super excited for the team, I can't help but think how much this sucks.  Since graduation ( 5 days ago) I've been soo excited to the end of my tenure as single parent Vi Pham.  Sammy is seriously CRAZY these days, constantly crawling around, climbing, standing, and singing his brains out.  I'd like to throw him to Dad now, PLZ.  Jarod keeps hearing about all the things that are happening, but hasn't seen any of it in real life. I keep telling him the best solution is to fly us down, but he thinks I'm crazy... probably because I ask everyday.  He's says I'm bad luck... I'm not even allowed to watch the games online. HAHAHA

I've been attempting to finish up (aka a last minute start) to my wedding plans.  Within two days, I've rented all the serve ware and tableware, figured out what Sam will be wearing, booked a musician and photographer, purchased and received my engraved champagne flutes and cake servers, created my invitations and began making the mailing labels, and started (almost finished) my backyard flower and herb garden. hahaha Weddings? NBD.

What has Jarod done?  Asked me to make him a list of his things to do for the wedding (3 things) and sent me this youtube video :
That's what he'd like to re-create for our first dance...

I had something else in mind:

After I showed him my rendition of our first dance, he asked me why my BFF Brittni would be a part of our first dance... he obvi still doesn't understand yet. I love him. hahah

Jarod, at the root of his soul, may be one of the most innocent mentalities I've ever encountered. Throughout the time we've known each other, I am constantly shocked by the genuinely good nature Jarod has.  Maybe it's because I expected different from a hockey player, but Jarod has a softer side to him than me at age 6, (when I cried everyday when I realized I had to go to school all day and had to be away from my dad...I was also a little afraid of my special ed reading teacher)  I take it in stride and realize that the things Jarod means to say aren't the things I think they mean.  Mostly because I have a cold heart and rely solely on sarcasm to impress people. There is so much I have to explain to Jarod about the world, not because he's stupid, but because he just doesn't understand how people could have ill intentions.  I love and hate this about him, but I love him more than words.  All I can do when he has some shocking statement is smile and agree.  If I really wanted to change him, I wouldn't have the Jarod that I've met and fell in love with.

So when Jarod tells me he doesn't want me to come down to Texas because I might be bad luck, I know he doesn't not want me around.  I know its for the same reason he hasn't gotten his hair cut or shaved his face.  He's trying to win it all for me and Sam. And that's just alright with me.

But it's not going to stop me from asking! :)

The Return of Did You Know:
The month of May is Asian/ American South Pacific Islander awareness month?  Compliments of Nick Jr. hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment