Thursday, July 7, 2011

Back to Bloggin'!

A new husband, two new teeth, five pounds, and one big mess later... I'm blogging after a billion years of absence.  I have one thing to say.  I'm exhausted.  Since my last blog, Jarod has moved back home *finally* I got a visit from my BFF Britt, Jarod made an honest woman out of me, Sammy has acquired some chompers, and I got to meet some of my first live Amish (which turned out to be a disappointment.)  Let me tell you something, this is quiet a lot, so hopefully I'll be able to recap in the next few days while we take a "relaxing weekend" So I guess I can start at the beginning....

Jarod mozied (word?) on back to Ohio about two weeks before the wedding.... I was a crazy lady.  All I wanted him to do was teleport back to Oxford in the split second that he had packed up the truck and he didn't do it. Was that too much to ask?  To me, no.  Every time Jarod is traveling back to me, I always get this anxious feeling that he's taking his time, because he doesn't want to be back with me.  This might be caused by my lack of any real concept of time and space, but I go nuts on him every time.  Weird coming from the person who completely missed her flight to Minnesota last summer and had to wait a whole day to get there.  
Jarod packed up his truck to the MAX.  I couldn't believe The Law let him pass through, who knows how many states and hundreds of miles to get here.  So there was his life... all packed up and ready to merge with my mess.
I leisurely decided I would give some clothes away, for what might be the first time in my life.  I don't think I've gone through my wardrobe since high school, and I'm sure I didn't really give anything away.  I wear clothes from middle school on the reg, I know it's weird.  My hoarding ways need to stop as we live our lives like Irish Travelers  gypsies.  You do not even know how much anxiety I've had over giving away my clothes.  I have accumulated 6 13-gallon garbage bags of clothes to donate. (Do you think kids these days want authentic wear from the late 90's? I think it's coming back!)  This is after I've hidden several drawers worth of clothing that I might want to wear "some day" at my parent's house.  Jarod was a little shocked and worried when he saw my give away pile.  I think he second guessed marrying me at that point.  All of my drawers were still overflowing after I had gotten rid of the things I didn't need.  He should feel lucky.  I gave away my favorite pair of sweatpants (bright red, zippers on the bottom with an elastic waist) that he's constantly embarrassed about, because I will wear them twice a week in the winter.  I traded them in for my bright red scrub bottoms that are too big for me.  Equally as comfy, not as cool.
Jarod lived out of his bags for about a week before I decided I would give in a few drawers.  This took a lot of maneuvering and a lot more tears work, then he thinks. I did make him use Sammy's closet for his clothes... I can't make all the sacrifices in our relationship!  We've tried to merge as much as we can, but it's incredibly hard with all the things I've collected over the years, but we're trying.  I've decided that I would just bring the books I haven't read on my bookshelf with us instead of my entire library, for example.  Packing is going to be one of the biggest bitches I've encountered.  I'm a little anxious at this point and we have less than a month.  First big move to Minnesota.  Next stop? Who knows!

Did you know: Sometimes, when you think you smell a skunk outside, you might be sniffing the nearest fox?  They actually have an odor that is just as bad as the stink of a skunk!

No comments:

Post a Comment