Monday, July 11, 2011

Unexpected expected dilemmas

So I'm sitting here on my new compy (obvi bragging) trying to ignore the fact that Sammy is playing in front of our door where we keep our shoes, hanging out in his diaper... I told Jarod he's got the baby for the rest of the night (half hour before he goes to bed) and the monkey is currently putting on my orange juice soaked dress (yes I'm still sitting in it) trying to get me to hold him.  Jarod is currently laughing at the television. Such is life. Now it's time to feel bad for me.

Since Jarod moved back a week before our wedding, life has been crazy.  Splitting our time between our home and my parent's has been a bit of a juggle.  While it's great to be over there, the addition of craziness is kind of off putting.  For example:

Last week, I asked my parents if Sam could spend the night with them.  My intentions were to have him spend as much time this last month with my parents aaaand to also work out at the Rec the next day without having to take Sammy over there in the morning.  After getting ready to go and getting my socks on, Jarod walks in, without a care in the world and says "Honey, your mom just stopped by.... she's taking Sam to the hospital." That's it, Jarod?  Obvi I pried and found out she had taken him to the doctor for a cough and they wanted to get a chest X-ray for him.  Number 1- I knew he was coughing, but I wanted him to get over it himself. Number 2- She didn't even call to tell me she was wanting to take him to the doctor. Number 3- She couldn't wait until Jarod told me to see if I wanted to accompany my son for his first (I'm sure of many) trips to the hospital for an X-ray? Long story short, it's over and I'm over it. My parents mean very well and take such good care of Sammy, but they also treat him as their child/grandson:  They take care him with every concern that they had with me, but also spoil him rotten.  Bad combo, if you ask me (they aren't). I will, of course, always be that five year old little girl who would cry everyday at school because she missed her dad.  While that is partly the truth (I will be crying when I leave Oxford) I have a hard time trying to convince them that I can raise my own child...even if I mess up sometimes.  They are definitely just worried about him, but there really can be a fine line for grandparents.  No solution yet... I've gotta just keep working on being a super mom.

On top of all this, Jarod is just getting used to being a full time dad and husband.  This has been a little frustrating.  Sammy and I have our little routines, and Jarod is all about the anti-routine.  He is constantly trying to butt in and break us of this, and I'm ready to burn his hair.  Just work into it, Dad!  He's still trying to understand how fragile Sammy can be, and this frightens the general public.  Jarod keeps telling me he won't be able to relate to Sam until he's around 4.  That's a long time from now for me to raising a child to be Jarod's play thing.  He's not a puppy, just cuddle him!

We're obvi working on it.  Jarod is really good at rocking Sam to sleep and chasing him around the house.  Two things I refuse to do. Overall, we do make a great team. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment